So, a couple of quick updates on the Tarot of Bones:
First, after much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I have determined that my photography skills are just not up to snuff for getting good, print-quality pictures of the assemblages. So I will be outsourcing the photography. This may mean a bit of a delay in getting the deck and book out (my goal is still sometime this summer), but it will mean superior photo quality, both in the cards themselves and auxiliary items like prints. It’s incredibly frustrating for me to have to let go of control of any part of this project, but I know it will be for the best. I am already in contact with a photographer whose work I know is good quality; details forthcoming.
Second, I have received the Tarot of Bones book manuscript back from the editor I sent it to–even a self-published book should have an extra, experienced pair of eyes look at it! So I should be able to start working on the edits in March, once I have a few more things cleared up in other parts of my work here. I haven’t had a chance to really dig into the edits in detail yet, but what I saw looked good.
More news coming out tomorrow; for today, have a lovely Monday!